Location: Portland, OR
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with match, S125 FSA, EAP Life and Disability Insurance
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
At Environments, we’re passionate about design, workplace strategy and exceeding our customers’ expectations. As the exclusive Knoll partner in Portland for over 27 years, design and workplace research guide all that we do. We are seeking an experienced designer to join our team. The perfect candidate will have experience in designing innovative workplaces: ones that inspire employees, and improve productivity. Someone who can take ideas and bring them to life through drawings, plans, and designs by utilizing technical skills, attention-to-detail, and creativity. You thrive in a team environment that delivers exceptional solutions to the customers we serve.
If you are an out-of-the-box thinker, committed to delivering best in class service to develop innovative, creative, and sustainable workplace solutions, we’d love to hear from you.
The Designer will primarily be responsible for, among others, the following duties:
- Meet with customers to gather project information (surveys, interviews, observations, and insights)
- Perform field measures, product inventory and product research
- Produce and present design concepts to internal and external clients
- Produce furniture block plans, space plans, finish palettes, furniture specifications and installation drawings
- Assist with proposals and creating presentations
- Manage project hours
- Perform project audits for other designers
- Provide design services to customers including programming, space planning, typical development, renderings, working/installation drawings, specification and site-to-plan review.
- Working in a team environment with sales, account management, project managers, installation, and customers to ensure accurate plans and specifications.
- Produce finished working drawings for specification and installation; validating plans against construction, electrical engineering and A&D drawing sets.
- Developing product specifications; verifying specifications against plans; and preparing specifications for order-entry using an electronic specification program.
- Bachelor’s (BA) Degree in Interior Architecture, Architecture, or a related design industry.
- 3-5 years’ experience in design, space planning and furniture specification preferred.
- Knowledge of Knoll products preferred
- Proficiency in Experience with CAP 20/20 Designer and Worksheet, Visual Impressions Rendering preferred.
- A strong understanding of workplace environment issues (ancillary furniture, ergonomics, technology integration, and workplace strategy) is preferred.
- Strong time management skills to deliver projects on deadline.
- Excellent Customer Service skills with a passion to provide solutions to meet clients’ needs
Environments is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information or to submit qualifications, email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Designer.