General Description of the Job Class
Absolute Procurement is a Portland, OR based purchasing company who values their employees and works diligently on behalf of their clients. They are looking for a strong, motivated project manager to join their team who will be working with interior designers, developers, and owners to ensure that furniture, ﬁxtures and equipment (FF&E) are budgeted, ordered, delivered and installed on schedule, within budget and design constraints.
Required Qualiﬁcations At This Level
- The candidate will be responsible for managing FF&E purchasing process for each assigned
- Working within established budgets and schedules
- Establishing procurement strategy for each project
- Speciﬁcation review process
- Advise designers on the viability and costing of proposed designs and specs, including available alternatives
- Develop and manage the FF&E budget for all assigned projects, with a focus on minimizing ﬁnal spend and meet designer’s/owner’s design aesthetic
- Ensure that all product meets internal customers’ needs and expectations on schedule
- Prepare and process purchase orders, change orders, bid requests, and other buying procedures
- Develop timely and comprehensive procurement schedule for each project to ensure timely and comprehensive purchase for all FF&E goods and services required to complete the project on schedule
- Track and expedite submittals, prototypes, production schedule, in-production items, and arrival dates of all products purchased
- Maintain detailed and organized ﬁles, notes, and records for all projects
- Client Relations (owners, developers, project architects and interior designers, general contractors, operations, project managers, technical and support personnel); maintain communication with clients via phone calls, emails and in-person meetings in a professional manner
- Collaborative eﬀorts in a team environment with other procurement project managers and attend weekly team meetings
- Basic project accounting
- Assessing critical paths
- Value engineering
- Coordinating logistics; manage logistics to minimize the total cost and transport risk to deliver the product on time
- Analyize vendor sources and product availability; keep abreast of market ﬂuctuations aﬀecting prices
- Execute strong negotiation skills and simultaneously build strong supplier relationships
- Manage and supervise on-site FF&E Installation Coordination as required
- Issue punch lists and follow up to resolve all punch list items
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
Required Qualiﬁcations At This Level
- Bachelor’s Degree in interior design, project management, business, supply chain, or related ﬁeld; or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to manage projects eﬀectively and eﬃciently
- Great with people; have interpersonal skills to deal eﬀectively with all business contacts
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Work full-time regular business hours and willing to work over-time or travel on weekends occasionally
- Able to eﬀectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Ability to read FF&E speciﬁcations, shop drawings, and Interior Design drawings including furnishings plans, ﬂoor ﬁnish plans, reﬂected ceiling plans, and elevations
- Ability to conﬁrm FF&E quantity requirements utilizing project speciﬁcations and drawings.
- A self-motivated, passionate project manager who takes charge of the situation to steer the team out of trouble when things are not going planned
- An eye for detail
- Ability to adopt new technological programs based on the project’s needs
- Good with numbers and tools
- Supportive to co-workers when they need help in their projects
- Communicating clearly and eﬀectively within the team, as well as with the clients. You must know how tasks are moving in the project and what needs to be communicated to the clients/stakeholders
- Manage furniture installations and be prepared for the general contractor, installation team, interior designer, and project manager. Ability to work in construction settings.
PROJECT PURCHASING MANAGER
REQUIRED: Must be proﬁcient in basic computer programs such as Google Drive, Mac Mail, and Numbers/Excel. Ability to work in cloud based procurement software system. Must possess excellent negotiating skills and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects. Ideal candidate will have 3-5 years Project purchasing experience or project management experience.
Class: Salaried Full-time employee
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Beneﬁts To Include
- 401K Plan
- Health Insurance (50% for 20 hours/week or 100% for 40 hours/week)
- 15 days of personal/wellness/sick/vacation yearly (10 roll over to the following year if not used; 5 are for sick days and do not roll over).
HOW TO APPLY
Email email@example.com with the subject line “FF&E Project Manager” and submit a cover letter and resume.