Vida Design is a full service boutique interior design firm in Portland, Oregon specializing in urban multi-family, commercial and hospitality projects. We are looking to expand our team by bringing on a talented designer who demonstrates an excellent design sensibility, creativity, and has strong technical skills.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an architectural/interior design firm
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Architecture or Interior Design
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Offce Suite, and Revit.
- Must be able to generate full color 3-D digital renderings
- Experience on large scale commercial and hospitality projects
- Experience with full scope construction drawing sets
- An appreciation for collaboration
- Detailing and construction knowledge
- Great communication skills
- FF&E and lighting knowledge and experience
- A passion for the creative process
- A willingness to get your hands a little dirty
- The ability to successfully build and maintain relationships both in-house and with clients
- A professional appearance and conduct who always has a friendly, outgoing approach
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- The ability to adjust to changing priorities, deadlines and schedules
- Candidate must have a reliable vehicle, current driver’s license and a good driving record
- Interface weekly with associate or project manager on project status, scheduling and deliverables
- Develop project design intent and goals for successful implementation
- Work closely with team members on design execution
- Mentor and lead junior designers
- Ability to oversee the development of a complete set of construction documents, including plans, elevations and details
- Preparation of FF&E budgets and specifications
- Participate in the design of custom furniture, rugs and lighting and coordinate with our vendors
- Ability to collaborate with consultants and partnering architectural frms
- Oversee sub-contractors and manage on-site installs to ensure beautiful, seamless installations
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Vida Design offers an incredibly supportive work environment that strives to provide a collaborative and creative culture.
- We are located in the Central East-side district of Portland, in an industrial building with a great vibe. We have projects throughout the west coast which allows the opportunity to travel. Full time employees are offered health insurance, 401K match, vacation pay and a monthly cell phone stipend.
HOW TO APPLY
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Interior Design Position”
Submit the following in one PDF file:
Portfolio showing AutoCAD profciency, rendering and design skill
Cover Letter detailing your suitability for this role along with a Resume with 2 references and Salary requirements.